Out my window: last week’s smoke [from the Black Forest fire] has cleared. This is Miller Moth week, and they’re everywhere. Almost like smoke.
In the kitchen: tonight’s dinner will be flank steak and smoothies. We’re eating all the yummy beef and frozen fruit out of the freezer.
In the garden: the watermelons have come up, and most of the volunteer tomatoes and peppers I moved [closer to the water] are doing well. The zinnias are up, and the clematis buds are getting fat. Roses are a-blooming.
Around the house: piles of boxes and sick kids. Last week, J had a fever for 5 days. Now it’s M. So far SweetP has dodged it, and O had it just for 2 days. They are miserable, and we find ourselves frantically searching for their favorite movies (which their rotten mother packed). If J had been sick one more day, I was going to have to rip open boxes to find LOTR.
- SweetP’s near-infinite ability to amuse herself outside. Today the restaurant is serving potsticker pie and raspberry parfaits.
- O’s cannon, which he modeled on the one our friends built for their son’s birthday party.
- Dinner out with good friends
- Lots of games of Blockus and Settlers of Catan.
- Progress on the garage sale preparations.
- New friends’ coming over to share a meal.
Praying for: Mandy’s surgery tomorrow. Becky & Ben (this is their son’s candle burning). The details of our closing– as the date approaches, I am more concerned that something is going to go wrong. For Justine. For Jen: for longer strings of good days.