Thank you to those who serve our country:
- to those who serve overseas and represent our brave nation to the world with courage and kindness
- to those who serve the least of these among us
- to those who uphold the laws of our country… even when no one is watching
- to those who patiently parent and nurture the next generation
- to those who speak out against injustice, in all its forms
- to those seeking to protect the riches I love here: the mountains, the soil, the water, the air
- to those who speak up when they see courage and kindness around them
- to those who went before, crating out of varied traditions the place I call home.
If you need me today, I’ll be the one crying as I listen attentively to a reading of the Declaration of Independence.