Several of you asked what we did for stations last week.
Our timer was set for 10 minutes. The offerings included:
- Copying Erich Henkel’s “Windmill” in oil pastels.
- jumping rope
- picking up quarters with your toes (this was a physical but not aerobic activity to balance the rope jumping, each of which was 5 minutes)
- freerice.com (total 1400 grains donated)
- making a building out of a shoebox (we had a restaurant, a house, a windmill, and a car wash)– later I will assemble these into a town they can play with
- categorizing scents into “for eating” and “for cleaning” (I saturated 6 cotton balls with one of the following liquids: vanilla, acetone, almond extract, water, and vinegar). Then the older kids matched the liquid to its scent