1. I didn’t begin it with a tantrum. (That may be a separate post.)
2. For the first time in weeks, there was no wind.
3. A perfectly timed potty break at mile 1.5 (a clean potty, even!)
4. No abdominal cramps or what comes after.
5. I borrowed my friend’s water belt, so I had lots of water.
6. A chomp at mile 4.5, when I was contemplating taking the short cut home.
7. Meadowlarks, tons of robins, a heron, and a red-tailed hawk.
8. A big hill (1000 ft) between mile 5 and 6… and I didn’t walk the whole thing.
9. Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ at mile 5.
10. 6.3 miles at my goal time for the 10K.